Friday, October 24, 2014

NSI-189: Dose 1

I was a little surprised at the infrequency of side effects at 20 mg sublingual dosing. My GI was a little upset pre-trial, so I was feeling the residual effects of dosing Pepto-Bismol, which is for me fatigue.

Drug effects were quite immediate, almost 10 minutes after dosing. The drug has a speedy quality to it, and I'm quite susceptible to anxiety attacks. I did not experience one. In fact, I didn't have a great of the headache, pressure and parasthesias being reported. To me it feels like Wellbutrin should, I get way too many extraneous sympathetic effects from amphetamine style structures.

The side effect for me that was fairly intense was an increase in libido. After a long hiatus, I attempted to initiate contact with the opposite sex and was more outgoing. This is counterintuitive to my drug intention. I wanted to use NSI-189 to help me in other more eudaimonic pursuits instead of overwhelming hedonism. I originally suspected this affected the glutaminergic circuits but it's likely manipulating dopamine.

My libido increase is unique in terms of report. I'm also on Anastrozole (last dose 3 days ago), which is extremely libido reducing for me personally. Refractory period was reduced by several hours.

1 comment:

  1. NSI-189 is an experimental drug being studied by Neuralstem, Inc. Research into NSI-189 has been funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for the treatment of major depressive disorder. NSI-189

    ReplyDelete